34 So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. 35 Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
How You Love Proves to the World You are His!
Jesus commands we love each other.
Love in these two verses:
- Verse 34 is a welcoming, entertaining, dearly love, which is how Jesus loves us.
- Verse 35 is the affection of love, brotherly love, which is how we love others.
- He loves us with that deep passionate love.
- The way we love others shows whether or not we’re really his disciples.
- Love is an action.
- People recognize Jesus in us based on how you love them and how you show love to others around you.
Remember we will always have an audience. Jesus is sitting in that audience. The eyes of the Lord are everywhere.
Jesus gives us a commandment, which is an order to do something.
We are to love the Lord with all our heart, mind and soul. Then love your neighbor as yourself.
Sister, what’s your evidence looking like in your life? Can people recognize the love of Jesus in your life? Can Jesus identify you as His disciple by the way you love his people?
1 John 4:20 states if you say you love God but hate your sister in Christ or your brother in Christ. You are a Liar. How can you love God who is unseen and hate your sister who you can see?
Sister, check your heart today. Love like Jesus.
The opposite of Love is Hate. There is no in between. You are either loving or hating!
Is Hate is polluting your love tank? God can take care of your love tank with His special hate removal treatment. He can make it all clean and make it new again.
Are you willing to let him clean your love tank so that it fills His people and shows others that you are truly his beloved disciple?
Check your love tank